06 July 2008

Roll The Dice

Love it or loathe it, phones are assets we can scarcely live without. Phones are sometimes regarded as bothersome in one too many occasion, more than ever when, my head has settled comfortably on the pillow, feet snuggled up between the folds of the blanket, and I’m milliseconds away from a world where ice-creams are free and I rule the world at the tip of my fingers, that device we depend and spend a huge wad of cash on, bleeps shrilly, breaking the peace and solitude, instantaneously chasing sleep away.

However, the assurance that a fantastic day lies ahead could be obtained from a single text or phone call buttered with care, concern or distressed from a friend, family or mere stranger you met only days before. How life works, is truly amazing.

People, this blogpost was inspired by Wei Chian. Many a time, his texts has never failed leave me with at least, a small smile in the mornings, and actually looking forward to start my day, despite knowing what lies ahead: bright fluorescent lights, empty toilet stalls, cold mean showers and the ever ironic Madam Tan.

Here are a handful of the many texts I have received and read first thing in the morning.


Jason who’s name isn’t really Jason.
Zitu, we’re supposed to study lecture 1-3 notes for tomorrow’s accounting test?


Ah Leeeong whom I met at NS and is now taking QS in the same college!

Yo, time passes so fast. We’ve been in college for a month now. Do you really understand HE (ethnic relations)?

HAHA. No, I never did understand HE from the very first day. Which serves as reminder, it’s time to dig out my notes.


Jit Hu, soon-to-be Secret Recipe’s competitor

Morning shya, wa u slept so late. Quickly get up, you’ve got morning class, don’t be late :-)


Sleepyhead Harry from Sabah
Hai Szetoo yang cute, slamat pagi.


Wooi Lee all the way from the lands of hornbills.
Weishya dear, I need your help. At driving test now. Which sign is the one that says ‘tidak dibenarkan menunggu’? The one with the slash across or ‘x’ across it?

AHAHAHAHAHAAH. When desperation strikes I'm Weishya dear lah?


Harry, again
Wei Szetoo, bangun la. Nanti lambat lagi.

Since when you became Mr. Punctual eh? I remember you being the latest for class, everyday of the week.


Jit Hu 
Hello shya, you napping or studying? :-)

You have a misconception going on there. Let me clarify it, I don’t nap nor study for a living okay.


Jit Hu again
Why the hours u’re awake so very odd wan =/

Heehee. I have absolutely no comment. I'm jst being me :)

Shorter then Shya, Ricky, the one who sulks whenever we sing ‘tinggi-tinggi gunung kinabalu’
HUJAN kata ‘bila aku sdh tiada…simpan semua laguku, jgn d tangis slalu, kerna e2 hanya smentara’ Mmg betul kta LOTTE ‘yg berlalu tdk akn brulang’ SAMSONS berpesan dgn sya agar bgi tau kmu ssuatu: jdkanlah PLKN KUMPULAN2 SIRI5/2008 d KKDB sbgai ‘kenangan terindah’ dlm hidup kita. Sbb MILA cakap dgn sya “aku lebih tahu’ Lgpun MAMBAI kate ‘kau ilhamku’.

That text triggered a tear gland I never knew existed, having to just wake up and all. Sigh. I miss Sabah, like a lot a lot a lot.


Daddy the dearest.
R u awake or in class?

Being asleep and all, I didn't reply. Guessing so, dad swiftly called for a short chat/rant session.


Daniel who’s in Brunei as I am typing this
Hello, good morning :-) will I be seeing you here at wiff?

Wiff stands for wesak international film fest which I really did plan to go…but but. My body’s immune system was so weak even subang’s dry environment couldn’t save my leaking nose.

Livindon the natural artist.
Perhatian kepada semua wira dan wirawati, anda dijemput ke dewan makan untuk makan tengahari. TANPA GAGAL. Saya ulang sekali lagi……

Oh man….I really miss the ridiculous announcements we gang up to ignore. Jurulatihs were left with no choice but to repeat the announcement with a louder decibel and sneaking a threat or two in between. Announcement which we all will be laughing over it and mimicking for days.


Crystal, the best friend, before leaving for Cinaland
Best friend.. Don’t oversleep again like you always do kay :) I won’t be around to remind you, so do take care!!


Louis, the sleepyhead, whom always always get caught in act.
Hey, can borrow dictionary?


Martin Lai, one Wednesday morning..
Wake up la. wake up time to go class.
I MISS YOU! :)


Martin Lai
Hahahaha u better not doze off, I’ll take a taxi all the way there and pull you up.


A slightly ganas Martin Lai

WAKE UP! DON’T MAKE ME BURN UR BLANKET. WAKE UP!

OMG LA. =.=



Peddy, with teeth so shiny it bounces off light
Hai Szetoo, ni hao ma? Lma tk dgr khbar..


Emiraldi, who was late for dinner, TWICE
Tday u got a lot of homework n stress again?


Martin, again
Morning. WAKE UP WAKE UP :)


Yee Fangus from charsiupauland
Wake up wake up wake up


Tinboy, who nags me to draw the box, you suck la ;)
Cc.. I jst studied econs textbook, and now I know that it’s really good. Won’t make fun of you for wasting so much time again! Gambate for your test tmr. Go go go.

IN YOUR FACE! I TOLD YOU TEXTBOOKS WERE USEFUL *grins*

Jun Keat, the great uncle.
Goodde morning shya. Having family breakfast now. You want siew pau? Nah, I Bluetooth to you.

WHERE GOT PEOPLE LIKE THIS ONE? Tell me… this is mental torture okay!


Pei Chen who texts at odd hours, for the oddest reasons too
Woi..wake up. Go toilet oh.

Err…? Eh woman, I know after a week of my absence you miss me, but, pee at two am?



I left numerous of texts out for personal reasons and what not. I hope you a had a good laugh, or two :P

No comments: