19 February 2008

Curveballs



I've been trying to get my head around all of this. I'm trying to make some sense of the phrase "Everything happens for a reason". And I think I've figured it out what the reason is- to piss me off.

I have all these feelings boxed up in pretty Ikea bottles. These feeling confuse me to no end. There's no one who can put decipher it for me nor is there any dictionary or encyclopedia in the world that can put in plain words. Words I can truly understand.

Questions danced in my mind like water drops in a frying pan. Up till now, I don't really understand the term National Service. Why Tuaran? I believe Selangor itself is a large area. Do we really need a Pyramid2? Or, now you want to be just friends? Have I been speaking Italian the past two months? Why can't bygones remain as bygones? Why do you have to bring it all up again just to muck it up in my face. When is SPM results coming out? Will I be disappointed? Why can't I fall asleep at night? Why do I drift in and out of sleep until sunrise. Weiqi, why do you always make it seem as if I always bully you? Mummy, why you never believe me when I say I didn't? And why daddy do you switch off my stand fan in the mornings?

There were days I feel sorry for myself, but not today.

Because I know happiness isn't something you experience, it's something you remember. And I definitely remember. I remember falling into drains, I remember crying on your shoulder, I remember making a scene with you, more importantly I remember laughing with you over Berbulu Fried Chicken and what not.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"What that doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger."
And as for happiness, you left out us eating happy banana food :)

waaaayshhyeah said...

with every fibre in my being, i hate that phrase :)anyway is it fibre or fiber?

Unknown said...

heh. it's fibre :) and I might have a clue to what's going on. maybe... hmmm..

waaaayshhyeah said...

hmm it is. going for tonight?