15 February 2008

Rumours

News has been buzzing around like flies that SPM result will possibly will be announce on the 28th of February. Well, you could say I was dumbstruck for a while. A while only. Because I proceed to panic and exclaim a 'REALLY?' at the top of my lungs, I could practically hear heads turned my way. I've been frantically flipping through the only newspaper my family subscribes, The Star, from back to back, not a hint of such rumours coming true anytime soon. Later on when I gave it a little thought, the first batch of National Service trainees aren't even back yet! So I just laughed it off, thinking no way in hell will the results be released on Feb 28. Or will it?


Elections are this year, yes? Possibly somewhere in early March? At this point everything comes to a gimmick standstill while Barisan National makes yet another glamorous wipe out of the Opposition. Sitting in front of the TV isn't fun anymore when you know what to expect. It’s like watching Power Rangers always knowing that they will fight bermati-matian, sampai nyawa-nyawa ikan first then use super powers to destroy the enemy at the very last moment.

But I was just thinking. And hoping. BN with their devious campaign would want to please the rakyat, yes? And have you noticed why the petrol price hasn’t hiked up ridiculously in price this Chinese New Year? SPM results are due out soon, unless the whole arrangement goes haywire, before the elections.

Taking into account that it's the first batch of students taking Physics, Chemistry, BIOLOGY and Maths, AddMath in English, they would have to work extra hard to hand out more A's, it's only fair.




Fellow SPM candidates of Year 2007, pray hard :D

No comments: