25 February 2008

Happy Moments

I'm posting this entry to participate in the Happy Moments contest, please vote :)


What makes you Happy?


Receiving cuddles or a phone calls from a certain person for no real reason?

Or Fridays, when work/school is over and you can finally relax, and not worry about oversleeping and traffic jams the next morning?

Money can’t buy happiness. That’s a fact, really. People go on diets pills, spend too much money for clothes, or suck up to popular people - because they think it will make them happy!

If I had a squillion dollars and was designing my perfect playroom and had to choose between a real-live pinball machine, a Galaga arcade game, or the newest widescreen plasma television Courts Mammoth has to offer, I would choose the pinball machine hands down, every single time. Although really, if I had a squillion dollars, I should be able to have all three, don't you think? Gees, I guess a squillion dollars just doesn't go as far as it used to.

Happiness as defined by me and only me. I know you wanna know what makes me happy. Heehee.

So, at the risk of revealing what a big dork I can be (you'll have to take my word that most of the time, I'm pretty cool), I thought I'd blog about some of the many thing that makes me happy. You know things I love, that I would only admit publicly under the threat of death! You will see a recurring theme of ‘things a teenage girl likes’ (according to my mum) and these have been on my mind given the fact that there is NO good TV programs to watch right now.

And in no particular order, what makes Weishya happy...

  • Gilmore Girls – I admire the close-knit relationship Lorelai has with Rory. And I love the many other quirky characters. Have you any idea how sad am I that this show is over?! I watched every episode of all the seasons, with no help from Astro, and sadly enough, sang the theme song every time I watched ((at the top of my lungs)).
  • Ice cream! The best comfort food yet. Haagen Dazs’ Strawberry Cheesecake or Baskin Robbin’s Cookies and Creme!
  • Free from homework and chores on a rainy day to curl up and snooze under a warm fuzzy cozy blanket.
  • Good hair days, which don’t come by often.
  • Forty bucks a haircut that goes without charge.
  • The many many variety of Malaysian kuihs; BANANA FRITTERS, keropok lekor and yummy karipaps.
  • Organizing Dharma camps. The entire process makes me happy. Happier than you’ll ever know. New friendships are formed while old ones are strengthened.
  • A simple ‘thank you’ that comes unexpected.

  • Good novels, you can lose yourself between what's real and what's not. Everything seemed so magical. I love books by Cecelia Ahern, Nicholas Sparks, Dan Brown, Sophie Kinsella, and Julie Cohen.
  • Surfing blogs, I love being a fly inside people’s heads, understanding what goes on in their worlds. Each & every one is truly unique and gifted.
  • I absolutely love it when I come back home and find a letter/package/parcel for me. It’s one of the best cures for bad moods and down days, even more effective than takeaway ice cream while watching an excellent movie at home with good movie-company (I swear, this is so hard to come by nowadays)
  • My best friend, the one and only Crystal Chow. She makes you laugh even when you feel like crying. She’s got the tendency to convince people that everything will be okay even when the world is on the verge of falling apart. She keeps me sane in many ways.


  • Whatever thing that’s related with peanut butter and chocolate. I’d say the normal milk chocolate M&M's were super, but then a friend brought peanut butter M&M’s for me. Those rocked like nothing else did. But then again, have you tried Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups? Oooooh!
  • Clean, pristine washrooms. Everytime I visit Pyramid, without fail, I’d step into their toilets for a little peek. I so love the unique design, cool signage, the lightings, mirrors sparkles, fantastic sink, doors that match the walls. And the spaciousness of each cubical HAHA!
  • When Mum unexpectedly cooks up lip-smacking snacks for me. I absolutely love her mango shakes, it’ll leave you smiling for hours later on even when there’s the dreaded Biology exam on the next day.
  • An hour of nap in between school and tiresome accounts tuition. That’s a fresh dose of happiness in just sixty minutes, at no extra cost.
  • Showers! It’s more then just a place to wash off accumulated grime. Showers is when I my best brooding, when I finally step out, I feel like a renewed person all over again.


  • Blogging. With every blogpost I type, a great pride swells up inside me. Some say blogging is a waste of good time. That’s the ignorance talking, for the satisfaction I experience is indescribable.

I will stop here before you decide to never read my blog again.

Anyway here's a video that never fails to crack me up. Its hilarious. Spongebob narrates the scenes from Casablanca, Singing in the Rain, and the Godfather. One of the highlights of the Annie Awards last Friday night was a small video concocted by the cast of Spongebob Squarepants (M.C. Tom Kenny, along with presenters Rodger Bumpass, Carolyn Lawrence and Bill Fagerbakke), created to prove they shouldn't be labeled simply as Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward and Sandy.



If you dare, please share your happy moments!



Happy - Happy Moments

I shall assume that you ARE absolutely fascinated and gob-smacked with my Happy Moments so there,
VOTE for me! I guarantee that shall multiply my happiness by a tenfold :)




The time to be
happy is now.
The place to be
happy is here.
The way to be
happy is to make others so.

- Robert Green Ingersoll

9 comments:

Monika said...

Oh, I love love love love Gilmore Girls, and I'm sooooo sad it's over :-(

waaaayshhyeah said...

yea, me too :(

Unknown said...

I SEE MY NAME!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHH
*swells with pride, then POP, bursts back to normal*
*stones for awhile*
*happy tears start to well up*
*stones again*
*smiles maniacally*

hahahhaha! my favourite post so far :)

waaaayshhyeah said...

shing vee say's he impressesed with my blog. and my English is powerderful. HAHA I so bangga wei.

Anonymous said...

haha... bangga bangga. go go dah jadi baloon faster pop oso eh...

3POINT8 said...

Voted!!!
enjoy ur happy day

Unknown said...

ngaha. why doesn't he come my blog as well -.- sheesh. i should talk to him seriously about this matter :P

Anonymous said...

Voted a rank5 for you....again. And this time, its more than once..

waaaayshhyeah said...

wah! thank you 3point8 :) you really really like my entry huh?