18 February 2008

Hurry Up laaa!

He’s a fretter. Always fretting. 'Clean the bathroom EVERYTIME after you shower!' he would growl. The strands of hair plastered on the tiled walls and floor for some reason annoys him greatly. He always chooses the time when I'm particularly busy to fret, I always respond with a distracted ‘aiyahhhh’ before turn back to the telebox or computer screen. Eventually, I will clean it up. And without fail, eight pm sharp, he'll take his position at his favorite couch to watch the news on TV, on certain days I join him, tsking and shaking our heads together at all the misfortune and bad news the world seems to go round on.

I don't quite know why, but he has this thing against my eating habits. Whenever he sees me with a candy bar in hand, he always tell me to eat less sugary food, less chances of diabetes. Like I said, a fretter.

He always insist I take my vitamins and sorts. A grown man in the kitchen calling for his daughter to no avail, with a bottle of mangosteen juice in one hand and a small glass cup in another is a funny sight.

It’s the little things about him that I love - the pile of Dhamma books that stacks by his bedside table but never reads, how he has absolutely no fashion sense, how he always complain that I'm late for tuitions, how he watched the Corean series I borrowed, without me, how he walks me up to the school gates during SPM telling me not to worry, how he laughs at my nervousness, how he waits for me at the school gates after every SPM paper, how he exclaims 'slower, slower' or 'faster la' when we practice driving around the housing area, how he fear I might knock down the lady and her kid, how he fusses when I don't eat my fish, how he never knows what to order for me at hawker stalls, how he hates my boyfriends, how he never says sorry when he makes me cry but makes up for it later on in his own way.

I forgot to mention this, but my love for my father has multiplied tenfold because he always always accompany me to every dental appointment and lets me grip his hand as if my life depended on it when the mean dentist extracts my tooth. *grateful*

Happy Birthday, Daddy. Don't eat so many cholesterol thingys. And don't always make me cry. I love you.


No comments: