24 May 2008

I'm a freshie.

Only because that’s what we all are referred as fifty two times a day, I'm caving in to being call just that.

My berbulan-bulan lama holidays have officially come to an end.

First day at college was scheduled on May 20th and I was never really prepared, just like everybody else. This time is different, I suppose. It was a change from the usual first day back to school where familiar faces pop up every five steps I take. I'm sure I’ll be meeting new friends, new lecturers and environment. I won't be seeing the same people I've used to when you were in high school and that’s somewhat discourages me :(

Nearly everyone, except the seniors, speak Mandarin all the time. I just feel so so estranged. Only because my Mandarin is down in the dumps. And their English, our universal language mind you, is screws and bolts. I think, I may face a great difficulty fitting in the next few weeks. Actually, that would be an understatement and we all know that for a fact.


This week was all about orientation, and we all know how amazingly fun orientations are. I mean, what could be more fun then looking high and low for the bathrooms only to discover the cleaning lady closed it for washing which sends you off in a haste hunting for the next closest one..


On a brighter note, I’ve done lots of amazing bizarre stuffs. Like going for an emcee auditions for a freshman night event just to prove I can make it to next round without breaking a sweat unlike the rest who went pale attempting to string a whole sentence of English words together... That’s how cina orientated this place is. And walking about campus without a map has been proven to be a challenge. Thank god for Sheryl, my walking map. Heehee. There’s also the time we both signed up for Hindu Society. I donno what hit us, it was an impromptu thing. But Buddhist Society activities are carried out in Mandarin so what the heck la.


Don’t get me started about the process to get our ID Cards issued…… *tulan*


Lectures start next week. I've heard that college life is tough. There'll be a lot more requirements to be submitted and quizzes to take. *Sigh* But it all pays off when I’ve gotten my degree or something. I just wish that it won't be that hard and that everything's going to be alright.

What I am feeling right now is a combination of fear and excitement...? What if my lecturers are really scary? What if i won't be able to please them? Nah. I don't care about these things. What more important is that I am LEARNING. And not preserving my brains only to have them disintegrate like how it has been the past few months. Okay. It's going to be alright. Take deep breaths.

Okay. I admit it, I am wee bit nervous.

You know, I feel like a tourist. Why so? I sleep on the hostel bed on weekdays and spending my weekends at home. And this is a lifestyle I am expected to adjust to.

But honestly, it feels great to be back on Subang grounds where familiar faces are only ten minutes drive apart. Plus, I really missed my toilet bowl okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha gets in the way when you need to suck in just to go for your businesses ??