25 May 2008

Gratitude.


First week in college was made a hell lot easier only because I have super network of peers around me.

And trust me, I am thankful for each twist of fate that comes swerving my way.

Before I start yet another week of college, I wanna hand out heartfelt thanks you’s and give recognition to those concerned.

To the senior in black who was kind enough to point out the direction to the nearest canteen in times of starvation, and yet managed to hold back his laughter when I went the wrong way.

Sheryl, for sticking with me the past week even though I crack lame snide jokes about cina speaking people, all the time. And lugging the umbrella around to protect us from the harmful rays.

Daddy, for being there all the time. To remind me when to drink water and laughs when I tell him I overslept in the evenings. I love you, for everything.

Aloy, who reminded me to bring, of all things, fruits. It proved to be a worthy advice after a week in Setapak. He also shared with me the secret on where to source for superb Nasi Lemak :) Heehee.

Mummy, for being who you are.

Thank you Andy & Pravin for that great interview. And for feeding my humongous ego. Twice. :P

Carmen for texting, just to ask if I met unwanted/scary people in college ;P

Ah Leong, you make me laugh unintentionally. P/s: you look good in yellow!

Pei Chen who gangs up with Teoh to insist Canteen Two foodstuff is not fresh only because she’s lazy to walk slightly further.

Yang, who believes pork can cure alienation.

My roommate, my sister. For being tolerant, warning a thing or two about college, and giving me clues on how to make my way around campus.

Thank you Wei Chian for waking me up hours before Mass Call, making lame cina jokes, preparing me for the worst and best, and filling my first evening out with laughter and lemak.

Daniel who nearly got attacked by a falling coconut *laughs*

Not forgetting Jun Keat, who offered me a ride home.

Albert, for buying me a warm cup of Milo in exchange of decorating services.

Crystal, the best friend, for offering endless support. Sometimes, too much off it. Here's my piece of advice, study lah! *grins*

Lastly, thank you to all my friends who cared enough to gave me their encouragements about college and for hounding me ever so often about my decision to take up this course and why there :) you have all been very kind to me.

:)

And for the people who are only here for the pictures, and I know there’s some of you out there!! I leave you now with one picture from National Service:


When hunger strikes....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1st impression----MONKEY!! LOL