29 February 2008

Somewhere, sometime, probably next time?

Do you ever think while something is happening, about what's happening someplace else? Right now, as the sun is going down here, it's coming up someplace else in the world.

While I've just only got into bed, someone else is waking up for college/work.

While I'm watching TV, a hit and run accident happens in the busy roads of KL.

While I'm paying for the ice cream I craved for a week now, someone else is crying their eyes out at funeral.

While you're in a cinema watching a new action movie accompanied by a box of caramel popcorn, a kid in Africa dies of hunger.

While I'm crying on my pillow, you're having a sundae.

While I'm eating my Maggi Mee Goreng, someone else is eating dirt out of poverty.

While I'm collecting newspapers for recycling, the stooopid election people put up banners all over the place that I can't see what's behind it. What happened to environmental friendly eh?

While I'm sitting here blogging, the stray cat behind your house just gave birth to nine kittens.

This made me think how many a time we all whimper and whine over our problems not realising that there are so many people out there who are struggling with infinity worse issues than our trival matters.

There's so so many more examples I can think off but I've only five minutes. I hope the finished products of five minutes isn't that awful as it seems to be :S

No comments: