01 March 2008

Pushiness

Today has been weird. Anomalous. Unusual. Odd. Why I'm feeling so, I'm clueless myself. It’s just one of those days. You know? Where appetite goes chaotic. I don’t have the urge to start a chat with anyone. (Pardon me for not replying texts) And the slightest things like an unwashed cup by the sink gets on my nerves. Maybe it’s PMS. Argh.

Anyway, here’s the peak point of my day. It’s quite hilarious actually.

The following banter/conversation was carried out in Mandarin /Cantonese/ Hokkien (I can’t make different between them) from her side and English on mine, but for the sake of my embarrassment regarding the standards of my Mandarin /Cantonese/ Hokkien, it will be reproduced, to the best of my ability, in simple English.

Cina Lady: Ah Girl, where are you?
Me: Hello?
Cina Lady: Where are you?
Me: I'm sorry, who are you looking for?
Cina Lady: Now what time already? Where are you?
Me: *keeps silent*
Cina Lady: Hello? Eh, still there or not?
Me: Ah? Hello? I think you got the wrong number la.
Cina Lady: Where is Ah Girl, I want to talk to her?
Me: No, seriously, I'm not who you think I am and you have the wrong number. Bye.

Then the phone rings again. Annoyed, I pick it up.

Cina Lady: Eh, I know who you are, I listen to your voice and I already know! You are her classmate right?
Me: *stammers* I have no idea what you're talking about and who you want to talk to, but you have the wrong number.
Woman: Eh, don't play! I'm getting angry already! Where are you?
Me: Huh? What?
Cina Lady: I'm angry! Where is Ah Girl, I know who you are!
Me: Er...? But, but…
Cina Lady: Ask Ah Girl come back now, I'm waiting for her.

Then I hung up. And switched off my phone until now.

She gets 5699330 points for persistence and stubbornness.


On a random note..

Here's 3 things I would do if I were a DVD seller:
1. Not lie to customers about clarity or non-clarity of DVDs
2. Watch all the movies I peddle so I can give worthwhile/sensible opinions when customers ask me “Eh this movie nice ah?”
3. Dye my hair blonde, just because I can. Hah!

No comments: