04 March 2008

Foolishly Repeating

It was, Weishya thought, looking out of her room window overlooking the back street with hints of fresh laundry and stray cats stretching out on the street, a perfect day for taking over the world.

Then, I sneezed. Pah, my fleeting notion of taking over the world vanished in a split second.

Today isn’t a bad day, no it isn’t bad at all.

Just seconds after I woke up, my phone bleeped indicating a new text. It said 'Szetoo, read page3 of The Star'. I guess you don't really need a brain to figure out what he meant by that. YES, SPM results are gonna be out on the 12th March! Thats just EIGHT scrawny days away.

"PETALING JAYA: The Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) and Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) results will be released on March 12.
Education director-general Datuk Alimuddin Mohd Dom said students would be able to obtain the results after 10am from their respective schools.
“Private candidates will receive their results through the post,” he said in a statement released yesterday.
A total of 439,255 students sat for the SPM examination while 6,522 students sat for the STAM papers last year. Alimuddin said an analysis of the results would be announced on the same day."

I was a bundle of nerves the whole day. No kidding. I had to had to keep my stray mind occupied. I succumbed to scrubbing the toilet bowl until it shined and sparkled. Then I proceed to start packing for National Service. That was a failed attempt. I managed to gather only five oversized shirts into the very large suitcase. Still so much space la. Sigh.

Yesterday was alright, and the day before was absolutely fun. I don’t know what is wrong and maybe nothing is wrong at all. Then, why do I keep feeling like something is so wrong? Why does that feeling of something is seriously wrong keep tugging at me? Keep pulling me away from everything, keep asking me to listen to it? I am here now, so tell me what’s wrong?

The whole world is listening now, so tell them what’s wrong.

But I can't. It kept its mouth shut, its hands tied, its words all jumbled in a labyrinth. It is telling me to tell everyone that some things are not just as apparent as they seem. It wants me to tell you that maybe not every problem has a solution and it wants me to tell the whole wide world to just please leave it alone.

But no, I don’t want to leave it alone. It’s killing me inside inch by inch just thinking about it. I know there is a perfect term for it but I just couldn’t seem to pinpoint what exactly. . .

I've summed this up from the past weeks or so that sometimes it's nice to talk to different people. A group of people whom you normally don't see eye to eye on many aspects. They make you see things differently and they help you see things that you are blind to. And then you realize that everything you have can come and go, and at times you have to let it go.

Ps: Like my new template? :) heehee.


Life is like a long straight road. That main road will eventually branch out to smaller roads leading to other destinations. Those other roads are the decisions we make and the people we meet. The destinations they lead to are the situations we will experience by the decisions we made or the people we have met.
-Yap Yeow Chong

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the world is like that... when you want to achieve certain things hurdles tend to pop out of no where.... even at times we are unable to tell what the problem is exactly... or should i say it happens to me all the time, even right now.... so keep on the smiley face :) of yours and cross fingers that you will understand it all 1 day....

o ya! fabulous template though COLORFUL wei... very different from the old black and white... but mengapa chat box sudah hilang ler...