07 March 2008

Wild Childhood Dreams

When I was a kid, about the age of five, I had big dreams.

Like really really
BIG.

I used to think
zoo keepers was cool.

Not this Zoo Keeper.

The real kinda zoo keeper.

You know, like Steve Irwin from The Crocodile Hunter?

I know Steve Irwin isn't a zoo keeper but you get my drift..

It is beyond me how, but Steve Irwin appears macho in the mind of a five year old.

Maybe it's the Aussie slang and how he says 'beauuutiful' all the time.

Back to the zoo keeper ambition,

I wanted to live with the
giraffes and elephants.





Please correct me, is the right term a zoo keeper..? or zoologist?




Anyway, my point is, that I wanted to be with the animals of all kinds.

To live with nature.

I wanna bathe with the elephants.

Crawl with the sloths.


Swim with the penguins.

Ride on a sea lions.


Like every other kid, naturally, dreams, don't last long.
( I fear an elephant would trod on me with is huge wide feet )

My dream swerved into a different direction.

My dreams were still what you say..Huge?

I wanted to make poverty history.




Do you know,
about 25,000 people die every day of hunger or hunger-related causes.



This is one person every three and a half seconds.
Unfortunately, it is children who die most often.


Knowing that there are kids my age or younger, sleeping under a filthy bridge,
makes me squirm with guilt.



Seeing these kids,
I am somewhat disgusted by people who rather spend thousands on their dog,
which in return sleeps all day.




I told myself,
Someday, when I earn BIG bucks,
enough for myself and to support my uncontrollable spending habit.
I want to support the kids who live in poverty.




I will not, turn my head and ignore the donation boxes scattered in shopping malls.
I will not pretend to be suddenly interested in a dull conversation when volunteers come up to me asking for donation.


I will donate, very generously too.


I am inspired by Angelina Jolie to adopt a child.
The celebrity that adopted Maddox, Zahara, and Pax and Shiloh.



Remember,
poverty never takes a holiday.




People are clinging on to the very last twinkle of hope with the simple intention of catching another glimpse of tomorrow.


We are their hope.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello =)

Steve Irwin has passed away, so he should be refered to as "...the late Steve Irwin.

and

Zoologists are more to research and zookeepers are more to care takers of a specified animal or more. =)

and

Nice pictures, would love to see how you would crawl with a sloth.

waaaayshhyeah said...

I can crawl! Really...I'm small enough to go unnoticed :P

and..

I'd like to e both a zoologist and zoo keeper at the same time. Damn kewl!

Anonymous said...

hope you do achieve your dreams! that would be pretty cool : )
the world needs more people like you

Anonymous said...

heyy there :)

actually, angelina jolie adopted zahara and maddox.

i don't mean to be rude, but i hope you don't mind me pointing that out :\

but overall, great post!
and good luck with your ambition.
if everyone had your enthusiasm, this world WILL be a better place.