12 June 2008

Happenstance



Yesterday, by a twist of fate, I literally bumped into Emiraldi.

Yeah, A Malay.

Dumbfounded? So was I.

All I could say was ‘what are you doing here’. Rude, I know.


Me: Eh OMB! Amin!
Amin: Ehh.. Szetoo!
Me: WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?
Amin: On the way to sports complex. You?
Me: No, what are you doing HERE?
Amin: Hah. Studying la.
Me: You’re studying here? But…why?
Amin: Ala. You racist is it?


I'm hardly racist laa. Two months of NS has made me what I am today. Ngah.

It’s amazing. Really. I respect you la Amin. For me, as a Chinese who has an inability of conversing in my mother tongue is facing difficulty conversing and communicating. And to imagine, he’s been here, and surviving, for the past month. Waaaah.

And so, we met up for the dinner, the poor fellow got no teman makan.

In his text, it said: ‘8pm, the halal canteen’. I must be breathing in blur gas the past three weeks or walking around wearing sunshades because I had no idea a halal canteen existed! Blur indeed.

One of the few things that fell out of his mouth was his dislike for the A Level kids. Too studious for his liking, apparently. Hahahahaha! Where got people rather eat alone than listen to people go on and on about unfinished tutorial homework? Sigh. You should take a leaf out of their books, Em.

In the duration of just one dinner session with Amin, the number of ‘sweat’ moments he left me speechless is…..

Aaah, the joy of having a Subang friend for company is indescribable :) At least, he catches my jokes. And we share the similar opinion on numerous matters. Hah!

On a random note, I’d like to know who from Cyprus reads my blog. I’m super duper fascinated to know. Amazed in fact. Can Cyprusians even understand English?



Have you heard Sum 41’s With Me? If you haven’t, download it this instant. It’s addictive.

No comments: