03 August 2008

Economical Rant

As we all know, petrol prices have increased. No shit. Our petrol subsidies have gone flying out of the window. I feel the prick, nasi lemak ayam is now rm 4.00. How now brown cow?

I should consider stocking up on cucumbers to feed on for the weekdays in Setapak for I am too stingy for my own good.

I'm an Economics student, this is a rare occasion but I'm glad to say I actually understand why they're doing this, but I also know so many downsides of it. :(

Thank goodness I walk to classes. Because for a 35 litre tank Myvi costs roughly rm 80+ for a full tank, it used to be rm 60 for a full tank. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I might as well stay homw and plant taugeh. 35 litres okay. This is TOO much, our public transport is hardly efficient enough for us to rely on. And also, I HATE taking public transportation. And today, the government has assured the public that petrol price will not exceed rm2.70 perlitre this year. rm 94.50 for a full tank isn't any better is it? Pfft.

The prices of EVERYTHING is increasing like chickens, and EVERYONE is blaming it on the price increase in fuel because yes, fuel is involved in transportation, and EVERYTHING needs transportation okay. The increase in the price of electricity also provides an incentive for firms to raise prices.

Haha OMG. This is like writing an Econs essay.


Thankfully, I don't have a license nor do I have a car. In the long run, we all certainly have no choice but to save costs. Eat less, Shit less, Flush toilet lesser; save money.

Here's my theory, driving a car is like applying the economies of scale principal. As the output increases (drive faster) , the long run average cost decreases (less petrol is used) .

Sorry for the sudden outburst over the hike in petrol price, I had Economics test last Tuesday and everything is still stuck in my head. Heehee.



I HATE JAMS.
particularly when I'm in desperate need to get home and jump into bed after being deprived of sleep.

No comments: