14 August 2008

AAAAAAAAHHHH!







I want this shirt!!!

It's totally adorable. And I always always had this thing for cupcakes.

Morris, why don’t you print one for me? L Pleaaaaase!

I found that shirt while browsing through the web for cupcake recipes since Jit Hu was finding a million and one excuses not to disclose his magnificent cupcake recipe to me. Mean Jit Hu. I just needed it to calculate the cost and all that for the fundraising project I am currently dedicating my week to. Don’t even ask how I got myself neck deep into this whole hoo-ha matter, but I did. Sigh. Why do I constantly end up in this kind of situations, unintentionally?

On Monday Fang and I attended the fundraising meeting, only because we had previously missed out on a few meetings already. Not only that, I was feeling awfully guilty for the fundraising manager frequently sends semangat-ed induced texts informing about meeting which I usually brush off to the back of my head. I was even planning on dropping hints that I just might leaving student welfare committee team due to recent hassling coursework’s, never-ending exams, lack of time and the list goes on and on. But but…It didn’t turn out the way I planned.

Why does this happen to me, all the time?

I somehow got convinced to prepare the fundraising proposal for Thursday’s meeting with the top management. It was late Monday evening, and the meeting’s on Thursday evening. If you did the math, there really isn’t that much time considering I have no laptop or internet connection to scream for help via the web, and the faintest inkling on how a proposal looks like and for that matter to produce one by Thursday!!!

But I agreed to do it.

It was the marshmallows, I swear. It swayed senses against my lack of better judgment.

Chocolate coated bananas, I do miss you. Heehee.

And so, days later, this is where I find myself. In Morris’s apartment, pecking away on his Macbook while he sleeps. I now have sudden love for Macbooks. Supercool gadgets. But it’s without a doubt complicated to use. Working on the Microsoft words, a program I am so used to is proving to be a challenge itself; it makes me feel so noob!

My limited computer knowledge is once again challenged :(

Wednesday started off with stupendous news. The Statistics I bitched about all week? I got back the paper with a big fat 84% written on it encircled with red Papermate ink. I was just so HAPPY lah. Almost satisfying. If gravity was nonexistent, I could fly to cloud nine, literally.

After Business Statistics lecture I was in for a long nap. A celebratory anp, if there ever is such a thing. But no, Morris had to call, place me in the front seat of his Myvi and drove Jeffery, Simon and Elaine and me to the nearest Carrefour to source for last minute ideas. Trust me when I tell you I’ve been staying in Setapak for months now and have not step into Carrefour. Yes, the shock and horror of it.

And so, the troop of us went around Carrefour, equipped with a phone to jot down prices and new products like a soon-to-be housewife whom wanted to impress the mother-in-law. The idea of garlic bread started circulating among us and we agreed to test it out. The long and tedious process of it all nearly killed me along the way. We hunted about for garlic, bread, butter and mushroom soup only to realize none of us has a toaster or an oven. Adoi. Then all of us broke into a mad rush and started scrolling through all our phonebooks for people whom might have toasters.

WHY did it not occur to us there are like a hundred over toasters in Carrefour?

With our newly purchased goods we trooped into Morris’s apartment and started the Garlic Bread testing. It was oddly hilarious in a way. Simon discovered his talent in stirring soup, Elaine practiced her chopping skills while and I ordered people around and enjoyed the outcome :D I had fun. We even made samples for the housemates and asked for feedback, they suggested we sell Wrigley’s too. Sheesh.

Several hours have come and gone, fruitless ideas bounced against the walls, and I’m still here, hungry and I wanna brush my teeth so badly. Simon has long filled his tummy with mushroom soup and gone home while the rest are dozing happily while I wait for inspirations to strike.

No comments: