02 August 2008

Eternalized

How would you feel if you were "eternalized"?



I read The Star the other day and came across this article which introduces the concept of turning your loved ones into diamonds to you. Or maybe you've heard of it even before I did for I live in a makeshift cave; the hostel, which cuts me out from the outside world. I’m just not used to (and never will be) the idea of having my loved ones turned into memorial jewels, but I find it absolutely ghoulish, at the same time, intriguing even.

Wouldn't it kind of resemble a dead person being hung on a chain, or on your finger? Hmmm.

It all depends on how you look at it I guess. What if the diamond that was made out of mama's ashes was stolen? Someone else would be wearing your grandma's ashes. How disturbing.

I have a question, would you want your ashes to be turned into a diamond ?

I can't help but wonder what colour I'd turn out to be.

I thought about it and I'd like to be ruby red.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,359567,00.html


No comments: