15 November 2007

Fifteenth November

Today being a Thursday, the fifteenth of November. Today being the day the art stream students are having their Science papers, hence we pure stream student get a day off :) Today also marks the day Year2007 UPSR candidates collect their results.

Tall sister asked me last night, what if I don't get 5As?

I glanced at her and said, you will get that 5As wan lah. It runs in the blood, I've got 5As and so did Weiwen.

She said, no really, what if I fail Science or or BM?

Then I look at her grimly and replied, then mummy will kick you out the house as you're not a Szetoo.

Just looking at her worried face made me turned back and say, don't worry you're a smart girl, if there was ten subjects you would score all 10As. No problemo!

Anyway, while showering I reflected back to the time when I collected my very own UPSR results. Thats five years back. Heh. Dad accompanied me to school. At first it was embarrassing as no one else had their parents with them, only a few of us. Dad waited patiently, reading the papers to kill time. About eleven something, we gathered into respective classes all nervous. My class teacher then, Encik Dahalan walked into class, all smiles. All of us had our eyes on him and what he held in his hands, our precious exam results.

None of us actually registered what he mumbled to us about being disappointed and congratulation stuffs. And he started calling out names and handing back our results. I waited and waited, sitting on my hands to hide my nervousness. My classmates results were going slightly bad as more names were called out. At that moment I thought my hopes for straight As were gone. Poof. Tiba tiba I heard my name. And honestly, after years of teaching me science, Encik Dahalan still can't pronounce my name right! I looked back at dad, he gave me a encouragement. Enough for me to walk up and collect my result. It was like the longest walk up to the front of the classroom ever.

Once I got my result, I look up and smiled at dad he smiled back :) I love loveeee you so much, Daddy. Not only for this, but for everything :)

EST papers are tomorrow. There's no point studying for it. I don't even have the textbook for the subject. Patheticnya. Even so, EST paper are easy to fail as the marking scheme is damnit strict :(

And as for next week's papers, I should probably worry about them next week. We have this whole break from Saturday to Monday to study Physics, Chemistry, Additional Mathematics and beloved Moral!

I am proud to announce my little tall sister has followed her sisters footsteps and she is proven to be a true Szetoo. Haha! =DD

No comments: