02 November 2007

High School

SPM is in another nine days. I've been keeping count since last week. Friday in school was spent collecting SPM examination slips and getting-to-know our exam classrooms and chairs. In other words, high school is coming to an end.

My chapter of high school is finally coming to a close. Help me :(

Making a scrap paper out of my classmates

As much as I love complaining about high school; about the endless examinations, about the stress inducing homework, about waking up in the early hours, about certain nonsensical rules, crabby garfield-like teacgabout the droning, monotonous long assembly, I've to admit, I'm gonna miss every part of that.

So high school days are over, minus the exams. What can I say? I nearly cried when the teachers were giving us form fives examination briefing. It was then I felt a teeny bit of affection for this school. My school. The one and only school I’ve been in for the past five years. Seeing all the other people cry and hug each other, I wondered if I was being a little too emotionless.
Home packed food :D



But there's no doubt this year of high school has been a great experience.



Experiments that went wrong






This year has been a big big change... This year started out as a blur, everything was so difficult, so uncertain. I really don't know how to put the experience I’ve gained from ten months of 2007 into words, it's just indescribable. I’ve grown so much. What’s more on no account, have I studied so so much for an examination. I might still be very playful and dense and silly and a little blur but I really think I’ve gained much more. I’m now somewhat more focused with my goals starting from the middle of this year =)





The co-op prefect that I never was =P





And to SPM exams coming up next next Monday, no I am not stressed. Really my mentality now is that I can only do my best and have no regrets. If that is as far as my abilities can go, there's not much more i can do. I used to think that was giving up, but I’ve finally come to realize, it's just acceptance.




Study study study :(


Mid Term Exam








So yeah. Maybe my priorities and expectations have changed. For me studying sure is important, but it's only one fraction of my life. Sure, if i don't do well for this major nerve wrecking exam, I will complain, I will grumble, I will whine, because I’m only human. But I will also know that it won't be the end of the world.


I'm going to miss high school aren't I? :(


Cocoman


My Beloved Chemistry

Comfort food

The joys of AddMath tuition with ShuXain and June


Sappiness aside, we got our seating for the exam period. Whilst all my friends whom I’ve studied with the past two or maybe several few even five years had the pleasure of sitting together in the hall, I was placed in a classroom, isolated far far away from my classmates. I felt like a cast off. I was inaccessible, as if I was cut off from the human world. I was to go all the way through nearly three weeks of exam with a bunch of people who seemed so unfamiliar. Sigh.


I was angry. I was annoyed. I was upset. But most importantly I was miserable. It bothered me so much.


I blame it all on my parents. You see, the hall could only accommodate seventy one candidates which were arranged alphabetically. I don’t know if its pure calamity or bad luck, I had to had to be the lucky number SEVENTY TWO candidate :( Why me? Why hadn’t my parents given me a Christian name like Kristen or Melissa? At least that would guarantee me a seat in the hall. Having S for a surname sucks. For instance, we’re at all times the last one called up. Especially when we’re being called out for stuff like vaccinations in school. We have to gape at three quarter of the class coming out with a look of the nurses room, pain evidently pictured on their face while we were like sitting ducks waiting for our turn. Or, in exams, we’re always placed in the last few seats by the window which are terribly humid.

No comments: