20 October 2007

S-t-r-e-s-s with the capital S

Yeap stress. My mom tells me I’m stressed. My dad tells me I'm stressed. Friends tell me I'm stressed. and yea, I also know I’m stressed too.

I don't know. I really really don't know. The same phrase has been coming to my mind over and over again. How to do this question? I don't know. Do i have confidence to do well in SPM coming up soon? I don't know. What are my results going to be like? Am i going to be contented with it? Am i putting in enough effort? Am i working too hard? Answer is, i don't know i don't know i don't know!!

I’m lacking self-assurance and having unnecessary stress. It’s like.. I don't know. Add Math last year felt kinda easy, theoretical to be my best subject but what now? I get half the marks cut off for careless mistakes or 'don't know how to do's. I hate myself for being so inconsistent. One day I can do well and the next day I can't.

Sometimes I don't know if it's all worth it. Many say, try your best and that's the most you can do. Or, no regrets no matter what your results are as long as you've put in your all. True, but it's undeniable that you will still definitely feel the disappointment when you get bad results even after working so hard. And how do you even know that you've tried your best? Maybe you have, but you never knew it, and you just keep pushing yourself till you cross the limit.

Sometimes I just think that there are so many other things in life than study study study study study. But.. I don't know. But this is important. And i don't want to screw it up. I don't want to disappoint myself and I also don't want to disappoint others and more importantly, myself.

Exams are three weeks away, and I feel like I’m not prepared at all. Seems like I’ve barely started revision. But I have. And I’ve been trying so hard. I really am. And still am. How is it going to turn out? Yet again, I don't know.

Sigh. I know I’m stressed. I promise I’ll try to de-stress. Just thinking of my upcoming birthday cheers me up already! =)