19 March 2011

Oh, Spud


So right, after work yesterday I realise that its been a really really really long time since I last gorged on fast food. Like, really! I'm not a die hard fan of fast food but every now and then McD's Sundaes and Carl's Jr fries pops into mind. The thought will linger for a bit and eventually pass on and I'll forget about it (unless I'm really hungry lah). So, I was sitting in the traffic and god forbid, hash browns started manifesting in my head. After changing out of Friday's office wear, I nicely asked (force) Tall Sister to whip up a batch mash potatoes before dinner. But it took so long to peel the potatoes after boiling them soft (boil with skin on cos the skin contains antioxidants). By the time the potatoes were finally skinned to its yellow self, our fingertips were blotchy red and dinner was served -______- 


So today, Mum emailed me this video of the secret to peeling potato skin fast and painless!




Next time you intend to make potato salad or mash potatoes, remember, ice cold water!!

No comments: