26 December 2009

In the spur of moments



14 November 2009


This post is waaaaaaay over due but just thought it should be published before the year comes to an end in a few days so I chained myself to the pc to load pictures and type. Aih. Kemalasan.




I for one have never been particularly keen on participating in class outings. Be it for lunches, occasional visits to the cinema, excursions back to the homeland to whizz on ice and I flee whenever the word karaoke is in ear sight which also happens to be top 10 things my college people devotedly worship. Okay fine, I’m not totally anti social la.
Occasionally I show up at birthday festivities only to be bombarded with my motives “being around” 

-____________-

Let me make this clear. Whenever there’s a chance to eat cake, you can always count on me to be around. Circumstances like the state of my well being (daily nap requirements) and diminishing bank balance would vary the statement I just made.

Basically, never would be the ideal phrase to use when it comes to interacting with the classmates, socially. I’m fine with the hustle bustle and filli-falla in between class, heated discussions on the baffling FAP tutor and upcoming assignments but meeting up in a social context is just so cacatly weird. Not to mention the lack of common topics, the language barrier, beliefs and such.

But given that the whole idea of a field trip came from my big mouth out of intuition, it is just not possible to evade anymore. It was a Friday evening I remember. Right after a draggy day of classes and dingy hostel food seemed a tad bit too depressing. We settled in a cafe not too far away where a heated discussion on class politics and latest scandal was exchanged over fried sotong rings, remains of spaghetti, and glasses of warm water (we ktar people are known for being kiam siap students). If there’s any consolation in me being away more often than not, up to date, I am STILL the blur one when it comes to class scandals. So imagine me exclaiming “really? why I never realised wan” about three hundred times or so (: Some things will never change even over the years.

If you’re one of those people with too much time in hand and is constantly updated in the world of Facebook, you might have chanced upon pictures from the trip. Pictures that triggered so much controversy I might add.

The day started as early as 7am for some of us with cries of “oh shit oh shit, wake up!”. Nonetheless, human errors were swept under the bed to be forgotten and it all worked out fine after throwing forty-something chicken balls into the cooker. 



Once the sandwich fillings, ayam ball and sausages were packed into containers and arranged in neat stacks, we set off for Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam/Taman Botani Shah Alam or more known to the locals as Taman Pertanian. Don’t ask me why a single forest reserve can have so many names okay. It caused quite a confusion in the early stages of planning.



Did I mention that all three vehicles that ferried us around were Proton Wiras? How cool is that :D

 
This is Eric who steals food when he think we're not looking

Taking into account the delays, detour around KL, getting lost and tailing on wrong directions, we managed to arrive at the said destination only three hours behind schedule.

Ah well, what's a road trip without hold ups and getting lost :)


Anyway, here are pictures from the day from Mum and Dad and anyone who isn't logging into fb every five minutes of the day to view.






Cina and India curang sama saya.



Mode of transport









The new addition to 2DACG8.
 









Aaah. Curang lagi. I talak dengan korang kang..








One thing that I’ve obtained from this trip is that a class outing will never be complete without taking an excessive amount of pictures, even if it illustrates the same finger gestures and the mere distinction would probably be the surroundings and position of the sun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

BUKIT CAHAYAAAAAAAAA!

And your hair's really long, you know.

~Mun Mun~ said...

Lol...When was this?? I just went there too..hahaz..OMG..XD

waaaayshhyeah said...

Last month I think :P

Cycling down the slopes are super thrilling wei!