25 March 2011

Black Jeans Friday




As most of you should be aware, I no longer belong to the unemployed! Hahaha no, I am yet to graduate and no, it's not permanent. It's just three months of practical training in the auditing/taxing life. My course-mates and I were encouraged to sign-up for internships during the three month long break from college after some very vicious exams in January. And when I say vicious, I mean just that. It's the kind that gives you sleepless nights before the exams, during and after exams, before and after results are released. 

Back in September 2010 I remember sending my resumes to prospective employers. There were tentatively 172 procedures to abide by and most of us hadn't the slightest clue what a cover letter was! Filling up Borang As and polishing up resumes so it'll gleam my way into a fulfilling job. So it was a mighty headache lah needless to say. It's bad when you don't have a printer so what's a girl to do but rely on the self-printing service (which I always manage to screw up despite how easy it's suppose function) in the college's IT Centre which is on the far end of hostel. Things get frustrating when you've a failing memory like mine. Must have made ten trips to the said IT Centre that week; exercise quota for the year reached. Hehe.

My job interviews on the other hand, are funny stories you have to hear someday. My new workplace area is no stranger to me. It was not love at first sight (considering I was seated next to an air conditioning vent) but in time, I've learn to warm up to it. In fact, the air conditioning has been out for a week now. Spouting warm air like a heater it was never meant to be. Hahaha.

The only dilemma I face on a daily basis is the plethora of food options. Wahlao. The alarming number of possibilities on what I'll be having lunch makes my food baby churn with delight.

Since joining this 'company', I am supposedly banned from wearing pants on working days; except Fridays where there's an exception to stroll in office with Polo Tees and Jeans. After abiding by the rule for two weeks I decided it was plain ridiculous and revive my self-imposed rule to include slacks, colourful blouses and cardigans in my every other weekday wardrobe.

Though I really like this no need to study til the wee hours routine, I feel so uselessly tired after work. Also, my colleagues (wah, feels so adult to classify people as colleagues and not friends) are comfortably converses in Canto/Hokkien/Cina..so much for a break from college eh? In some ways working life makes me appreciate Cinallege. I now geddit when people tell me so. Thankfully, its not yet a lesson learn too late. Thing is, how to enjoy college life when I'm already doing so horridly while not enjoying college to begin with.

Sigh.

Immaterial, Hot and Sien Dau are the most overused words so far, goodnight.


No comments: