06 February 2009

Where Are You?

Once upon a time in high school, (I know it wasn't that long ago, but it feels like it. Time is flying by like a race car hot on its wheels, I'm sure you'd understand what I mean) I have a by the name of Izham

To be honest, I never knew much about him, or how long we've been classmates, he was just a superhardworking malay guy in class that I never give a damn about. Not many people noticed him, but one day, I did. 

I don't know how, I don't know when.

I suppose it was that time when I was falling behind studies and need Biology notes to copy. Or the time when we found out we something in common; we despise Puan Rozaimi down to the core. Teehee. 

I was never a student role model, rules slip through my fingers like sand, skipped class like there's no tomorrow. I screamed/laughed too often and get away with illegal hand phones time after time. 

Izham, very much in contrast was a school prefect, annoyingly lamenting about me bringing hand phone to school. Very very serious in serious in everything he does even if it's just sweeping the floor -_____- He's always the A student who completes homework before it's due, has his name glued to the front seat of every lab class, making multiple trips to the bilik guru each day, always tsking me for leaving all my books under the desk and detects my lies like I was transparent. 

How we get along, I don't know lah. But under the watchful eyes of Rachel Choi, the head school prefect, who occupies the seat next to mine btw, our friendship blossomed. 

There was a times I got on his nerve (accidentally, really) and he chased me to the end of the block with a broom until we were both out of breath and then he gave up becos we were late for Physics. Along the way he picked up words like tulan and what you want now? :D

In turn, my science practical books were nearly always up-to-date and sometimes, he'd borrow my mine to copy and he stopped being so surprised when I tell him I've done a certain homework. 





Then came one day, Izham just stopped coming to school.

At first we passed it off as not feeling well or something mindless like that. But for the next few days, his seat in the front of the class stood empty without the blue blazer hung on the back rest.

He practically vanished in face of earth.

His friends hadn't a clue where he went and teachers said he stopped school, just like that. Where got people leave just like that wan. 

I remembered being angry for quite a while, because I just wished he stayed long enough to brave SPM together with the 5 Baktians.

I guess he hates saying goodbye as much as I do. 






Zam Zam Ala Ka Zam, how are you? Are you happy? I'd like to know :)

No comments: