05 May 2012

Of sleep and more.




These days, gaining sufficient sleep has become a curiously difficult task. Despite the fact that everyone is bestowed with 24 glorious hours a day, Earth is still revolving on its axis as we know it, hence I am forced to believe it is because of my status as a (possibly) final year ACCA student.

Granted that (with some help) I have manage to uphold my routine of being punctual for a few weeks straight (most days than some), except that nasty tutorial on Thursday where the venues are smacked on two different ends of the planet. This being on time practice is mindlessly tiresome which makes me wonder how I've managed it so consistently before this! (haha)

The canons of being an accounting student have not changed over the years since enrollment in May 2008. Well maybe it's got a bit tougher and I've got stupider (no, I'm serious) ..

The proliferation of peers falling behind is just depressing and has continued unabated over the years. It has become a crisis of abundance; especially when you suddenly find yourself caught in that whirlwind of despair.

Cutting back on sleep time to cure this case of perpetual stupidity is definitely a challenge. It's as if I am summoned to move mountains and divide the seas, so to speak. If I were to superanalyze my daily tasks down to the minutes, I definitely can snooze lesser, take fewer showers, eat faster, never watch another episode of Big Bang Theory and stop restocking Tiny Tower.

Time. We always think we have so much of it.


Backdated; March 2012. 


No comments: