08 August 2011

Cross the As, Dot the Is.



It’s nerdtime AGAIN (geez, the times i have exams seems to happen a lot more than non-exam ones) at college. Albeit the lethargic feeling, I'm nostalgic all of a sudden. Weaving through my older blogposts from when I first started college makes me wish I was still in my first year, somewhat. Albeit being thrown into a hostile (cinafied) new environment back then, there was also lesser things to worry about. Like striving my butt off to not flunk exams.

It’s like high school when you think it’s the worst, then progressing on to tertiary education and it dawns upon you that life only gets harder. On the upside, I’m not kicking myself in the ass for not fully utilizing my experience in college.

Cos soon, it will be my turn to get all sappy about leaving college life and opening doors to the working world (which I am not looking forward to). Especially when you have parents AND friends who have already entered the workforce for more than two years telling you that your college life is the best, not to waste a single moment of it. Because you’ll never get that time back – being a student at this age, so to speak.

After that three month internship stint that ended in April, I don’t think I’m quite ready to venture out into the workforce just yet. Coming from someone who’s never had a proper job. Cooking Maggie for hungry hostel-mates doesn't exactly count. I have a few months shy of a year before I graduate and I’ll have to relearn how to write up a resume (did that for English during diploma), suck it up and grow up. Errr…yeah.



No comments: