07 November 2010

Split Splat Lemon Whaaaat?



Yesterday, I got caught in a heavy shower while walking out to get some vegetarian food not two hundred and fifty steps beyond the hostel gates.

Thankfully, I have my red umbrella.

However, I vividly remember it sticking out from the paper box I shoved under the bed, in my room, which were some hundred steps back. While I was running to get it, I thought about the strange epilogue life signals us all ─ we always have the necessary paraphernalia to counter the lemons that life throws at us, but most of the time, those paraphernalia are locked up in the depths of our heart, and we waste an enormous amount of time (and energy) trying to find them. By the time we've found them, we have already been defeated by adversity."

You know now, always be prepared.

No comments: